EMV is a security framework that defines the payment interaction at the physical, electrical, data and application levels between chip cards and payment devices. It is class A certified with all major processors.
How does EMV Work?
Smart cards are embedded with a chip that is encrypted with data. EMV-enabled devices have the ability to read data stored on a chip within the card. During the transaction authorization process, strong cryptographic functions are used to validate the authenticity of the card and cardholder.
Best of all, when a customer pays using an EMV-enabled device, the device is instantly identified as an authentic, approved payment instrument through a process called dynamic authentication. When used with a PIN, the chip proves that the customer is paying with his or her own card.
By using chips as an active part of the payment transaction, EMV cards and devices help prevent credit card fraud from stolen account numbers and cloned payment cards.
EMV Deadline: October 2015
All credit card issuers, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover will be required to issue chip-enabled credit cards and merchants will need to have EMV chip enabled terminals. Credomatic places only EMV enabled terminals in merchant locations listed below:
VeriFone VX520 Terminal:
The VX 520 is a reliable, rugged countertop device that’s built to last. It handles encryption, decryption and processing at lightning speeds thanks to its powerful processor and expandable memory. Integrated NFC capabilities support alternative payments and also support value-added applications such as loyalty or gift card acceptance.
A full range of connectivity options, from dial to dial plus Ethernet, with an optional battery allows the VX 520 to go wherever you go. A uniquely designed communication port area underneath the device keeps countertops neat and free of clutter.
Fast Processing: Faster checkout speeds allow you to complete more transactions and get consumers on their way more quickly.
Easy to Use: Countertop unit is designed for easy use and includes a backlit screen and keypad for all lighting situations.
Ingenico ICT 250 Terminal:
Ingenico Group’s innovative iCT250 has the intelligence and versatility to stand alone, in even the most demanding retail environments. This countertop device gives your merchant customers the freedom to accept all existing forms of electronic payment – including NFC/contactless, EMV and mobile (NFC-based) – because it requires absolutely no interface with a cash register or POS system. All operations – from payment processing and receipt printing to settlement reporting and brand enhancement programs – generate from a single, secure and easy-to-use color device.
- Built on the market-leading Telium2 technology platform with a dual processor architecture
- Meets the latest PCI PTS V3.0 security standards.
- Supports the latest international security algorithms, including DES, TDES, RSA, DUKPT and Master/Session.
- Represents the most convenient, most reliable standalone payment device on the market.
- Features a large, backlit keypad and crisp LCD color display to make PIN entry and option selection virtually effortless.
- Processes at the highest speeds, delivering fast, secure electronic payment transactions.
- Gives options to accept all forms of payment including MSR, EMV, contactless and mobile NFC.
- Comes with payment technologies already embedded with no need to add on component upgrades.
Dejavoo V8S Terminal:
The Dejavoo Countertop Dual Comm V8 with its Ethernet and Dial option deliver a powerful punch without sacrificing security. These payment solutions include multiple applications, built in PCI Secure PIN Pad, Built in EMV Smart Card reader, large back lit display and proven software that is “a la cart” loaded with added value services, offered by Resellers and requested by Merchants.
With 32 MB of internal memory, and transaction speeds as fast as 3 seconds, the V8 Dual Comm is among the top in their class. Driven by the open architecture of its Linux OS and embedded SQL DejaVoo delivers the added value and revenue generating differentiation of DejaVoo software including the wide variety of Value Added Systems and Value added Services that will not only increase your offering to your merchant but retain your merchants and put money in your pocket!
- Risk notification of suspicious transaction prior to settlement
- Register and record sales by clerks, servers or employees
- Customize your menu with “Favorites” to access functions with a “speed dial”
- Coverage low? Phone lines down? Store and Forward keep sales coming in
- Built in user manual to reduce service calls with terminal Help on the display with the push of a single button
- Create and save customized reports “Wireless and Mobile Phone Applications” page: